Cosmopolitan Las Vegas is nation's top hotel for valentines
Funny thing about Priceline customers. Instead of flowers, they'd rather give their significant others a stack of casino chips this Valentine's Day.
I took a look at all the reservations that had been made through our published-price hotel service for check-in between February 10-14, 2012 (Feb. 14 is Valentine's Day, in case you didn't know) to see which high-end hotels are most popular this year.
I found that Las Vegas hotels dominated the list. The most popular 5-star hotel in town for the romantic weekend is the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection, while MGM Grand Hotel Casino, also in Las Vegas, is the nation’s most-popular 4-star hotel.
The Hyatt Regency Chicago is the most-popular non-gaming hotel for Valentine’s Week.
Other 4- and 5-star properties making the top 100 most popular Valentine’s week hotels, according to priceline.com, include:
· Hilton New Orleans Riverside, 4-stars
· Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, 4-stars
· Aria Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, 5-stars
· The Waldorf Astoria, New York, 4-stars
· Renaissance Dallas, 4-stars
· Hotel Nikko, San Francisco, 4-stars
· Hyatt Arlington, Arlington, VA 4-stars
· Grand Hyatt New York, 4 stars
· Wynn Las Vegas, 5-stars
· Caesars Atlantic City Hotel Casino, 4-stars
· Trump International New York, 5-stars
· Treasure Island, Las Vegas, 4-stars
· Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, 4.5-stars
· Loews Coronado Bay Resort, Coronado, CA, 4-stars
· Hilton Atlanta, 4-stars
· Hilton Minneapolis, 4-stars
· The Venetian, Las Vegas, 5-stars
· Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, CA, 4-stars
· Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco-Union Square, 4-stars
· The Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago, 4-stars
Priceline.com still has plenty of hotels, airline tickets and rental cars available for a long romantic weekend or quick overnight getaway. Travelers can take advantage of priceline.com’s ongoing published-price Winter Hotel Sale that runs through February 20th. Stays at sale hotels must be completed by December 31, 2012.